Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Live Your Life The Way You Want (Posted by Priya Deelchand)

    Master Dzong attained the ultimate
  knowledge: that of detachment.
    
    When his disciples asked him how he
  had attained this state, he laughed and
  explained:
    
    "When I was 20 years old I didn't
  care what other people thought about
  me, and I only paid attention to myself.
    
    "Past that age, I began to worry
  about what other people were thinking
  about me.
    
    "Then the day after my 50th birthday,
  I suddenly realized that no one around
  me thought or cared about me one way or
  the other."
    
    
    Master Dzong was right. You have to
  attain a certain degree of wisdom to
  live your life the way you want, not
  caring about what other people think.
  But at the same time, it is important
  to pay attention to what is around you,
  without judging others.
    
    And that is the problem: being both
  independent and conscious of others.
    
    "If you don't control your life,
  someone else will."
        John Atkinson
Author unknown - Posted by Priya Deelchand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger